Please read carefully our Terms & Conditions in relation to Delivery Service provided.
- As used, the trade name ‘ATH Dorset’ or ‘Service provider’ means the definition of Christchurch Airport Transfers Limited.
- As used, the definition of ‘Customer’ means private – individual or business entity who realise booking related to services provided.
- As used, ‘We’, ‘Our’, ‘Us’ means the definition of the service provider, Christchurch Airport Transfers Limited.
- As used ‘Goods’ and ‘Item’ means the definition of the kind of thing which can be booked with our delivery service
- As used, ‘Delivery collection point/place/address’ means the exact definition of address or place where good should be collected, provided by the customer
We shall use reasonable endeavours to deliver all Goods consigned for delivery to the delivery address given by the Customer within any time for so doing given by us or within a reasonable period of time and any receipt obtained by us in respect of delivery of Goods shall be conclusive as to time and place of delivery.
The Customer warrants to us that all Goods consigned for delivery are adequately packed and labelled with the details of the identity and the address of the party to whom they are to be delivered as well as the return address of the Customer.
The Customer warrants that, and a Driver may decline to accept or proceed with a Booking where he believes that, unless this is communicated at the time of the Booking, Goods weigh no more than 20Kg, and are not of a shape or dimensions that is likely to make lifting or loading difficult. A Customer should not assist a Driver to lift or load the Goods and We are not, and the Customer is, liable for any injury or damage caused to themselves, the Goods or any other property or person by reason of the Customer assisting a Driver even where the Driver invites or agrees to the Customer’s assistance.
The Customer shall not consign for delivery and we shall not be required to undertake delivery of the following:
- (i) any Goods which are radioactive, toxic, inflammable, explosive, noxious or otherwise of an inherently dangerous nature;
- (ii) any Goods that have an intrinsic value of over £300 unless that value has been notified to us, in writing at the time of booking the Services and we have agreed to undertake delivery thereof in writing;
- (iii) any Goods, the possession of which is illegal or which it is illegal to export under English Law or the law of any country to or through which delivery is to be made;
- (iv) any Goods of a perishable nature that may deteriorate in transit;
- (v) any Goods that are fragile and/or that are likely to be damaged in transit unless the precise nature of the Goods has been notified to us in writing at the time of making the booking and we have agreed to undertake delivery thereof in writing; or
- (vi) any bullion, precious metals, cash (coins or banknotes) precious stones, jewellery, antiques, works of art, livestock, animals or foodstuffs unless the precise nature of the Goods been notified to us, in writing at the time of making the booking and we have agreed to undertake delivery thereof in writing.
Where the Customer consigns such Goods for delivery as are prohibited by clause 4:
- we shall be entitled to return, destroy or otherwise dispose of such Goods as we shall, in our absolute discretion, see fit and we shall have no liability to the Customer whatsoever in respect of such Goods howsoever arising, and
- the Customer shall indemnify us in respect of all resulting costs, expenses and losses incurred by us
- We shall have absolute discretion in respect of any Goods consigned for delivery as to the means of delivery, route and method of delivery, handling, storage and transportation thereof unless agreed otherwise in writing. Delivery shall be complete when the Goods are delivered across the threshold on the ground floor of the Destination Address. Any Quoted Price shall not include negotiating stairs at either the Collection Address or the Destination Address
We do not insure any Goods consigned for delivery. It is therefore the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that all Goods are appropriately insured. We accept no liability for any loss or damage to any Goods, subject always to a clause below.
Each delivery of Goods shall be accompanied by a delivery note which shows the date of the delivery and any other relevant information. Upon delivery of the Goods, the Customer, having had a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Goods, shall sign the delivery note as confirmation that the Goods have been delivered and that no damage has been caused to the Goods in transit. Where the Customer believes that the Goods have been damaged, the Customer should inform us without delay.
We shall not be responsible to pay any duty, tax or levy due or payable in delivering the Goods save where we have explicitly agreed on this in writing at the time of accepting the Booking. Where we have paid any duty, tax or levy arising in delivering the Goods the Customer agrees to reimburse us these payments in addition to the Charges quoted for the Services.
An additional charge may be levied for Bookings:
- performed after 6 PM;
- performed other than on workdays; and/or
- where Goods have a dimension exceeding 3ft h x 4ft w x 5ft l.
Any dates, periods or times specified by us in connection with the performance of the Services are estimates only and time shall not be of the essence for the performance by us of our obligations under the Contract. We make no warranty that any Passenger or Goods or property shall be delivered within the Customer’s stipulated time period (if any) and/or within any time period stated by us unless express reference is made to the clause below and agreed in writing to our registered office.
We shall be entitled to exercise a lien over any Goods or property belonging to any Passenger until we receive full payment of any Charges due to us.
We may, at our absolute discretion, decline to accept any Booking.
No delay or omission by either party in exercising in whole or in part any right, power or remedy provided by law or under the Contract shall affect that right, power or remedy; or operate as a waiver of it.
The Customer agrees to indemnify and keep us fully indemnified from and against any direct and indirect losses, claims, expenses, damages or liability whatsoever incurred or suffered by us as a result of the negligence, acts or omissions or default under the Contract by the Customer, or its employees, agents or subcontractors or any Passengers.
We are not liable for any delay, caused by:
- weather or natural conditions
- traffic conditions
- road works, route diversion
Where all Goods are not loaded at the Collection Address and unloaded at the Destination Address within the aggregate of 10 minutes, we reserve the right to charge the Customer a Waiting Time Charge, which will, for the avoidance of doubt, commence after the expiry of the abovementioned aggregate of waiting tariff 0.20p per minute.
We shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage to property arising in the course of delivering, loading or unloading of Goods or Passenger’s luggage or bicycle or personal effects.
We shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss of anticipated savings, business revenues, loss of agreements, loss of opportunity or loss of business or profits whether categorised as direct or indirect or any indirect, special or consequential loss (including losses arising from business interruption, wasted management time, loss of goodwill, data and all other such loss whether or not arising in the normal course of business).
We shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing any of our obligations under the Contract.
We shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any failure to perform any of our obligations under the Contract if the delay or failure was due to any circumstances or cause beyond our reasonable control.
A person who is not a party to any Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
We reserve the right to subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of our obligations under any Contract to any third party or agent.
If any provision of these Terms, which is not of a fundamental nature, is held by any court or other competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such part, term or provision shall be deemed deleted from these Terms and the remainder shall not be affected. Should the foregoing apply the parties shall use all reasonable endeavours to agree upon any lawful and reasonable changes to these Terms which may be necessary in order, as close as possible, to give effect to the commercial intent of these Terms.
To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for the acts or omissions of any sub-contractors to whom we sub-contract the Services. We shall use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that we only sub-contract the Services to such third parties that have at least the minimum insurance cover required in the third party’s country of operation. If we are aware that a third party does not have a level of insurance coverage which we would expect, we reserve the right to request that the Customer signs a standard form disclaimer and acknowledgement in respect of the same.
To read our Terms & Conditions related to Account services, please click here
To read our General Terms & Conditions, please click here
These Terms & Conditions can be edited or changed at any time without notification.